Capacity building in oral health
In 2020 TSF set up 2 physiotherapy clinics in the municipalities of the Altiplano region. An exploratory mandate was carried out in 2022 to assess the skills and training needs of local physiotherapy professionals.
Pucarani, Bolivia. Accommodation in the city of La Paz.
3 weeks minimum
– Continuation of the diagnosis of local skills.
– Capacity building of local physiotherapists in rehabilitation and manual manipulation techniques.
– The most common physical problems:
Elderly: pain in the joints, pain in the extremities, low back pain, neck pain, hernia, radiculopathy, arthritis, hip osteoarthritis.
Adults: neck pain, hemiplegia, fracture, stroke, monoparesis, tendinopathy, oncological patients.
People with disabilities: congenital muscular dystrophy, congenital malformation of the extremities, cerebral palsy.
– Awareness of rehabilitation in the community and promotion of physical activity
– Transport of equipment to Bolivia as needed.
– Occupational therapist
– Rehabilitation Technician
Member in good standing of the Professional Order of Physiotherapy of Quebec (OPPQ)
Member in good standing of the Order of Occupational Therapists of Quebec (OEQ)
*We accept applications from retired professionals.
5+ years of practice experience
Previous experience an asset
Oral and written English at intermediate level.
– Adherence to the values and convictions of TSF (solidarity, respect, innovation, accountability and commitment)
– Very good ability to live in rudimentary conditions
– Very good ability to work in an intercultural context
– Very good adaptability
– Very good ability to work in a team
– Good sense of organization and planning
– High degree of professionalism
Before departure, TSF organizes pre-departure meetings and training at its offices (in person or virtually) in order to prepare the volunteers, as well as a meeting upon return, for a return assessment. These meetings are mandatory for the smooth running of the mandate.
To apply, please complete the form below, taking care to indicate the title of the mandate and attach your CV.