Six good reasons to pursue this opportunity
- To volunteer differently
- To ease the suffering of people who cannot afford vision care
- To give people living in remote regions access to vision care
- To raise awareness among children and support prevention
- To make day-to-day life better
- To experience intercultural exchange with local populations
Get involved! Make a difference!
Did you know that close to 120 million people suffer from visual impairments due to uncorrected ametropia?
See which missions are recruiting to find out which groups need your help.
Volunteer for eyeglass recycling
An OSF team that goes into the field needs to have approximately 3,000 pairs of glasses to be effective. It is therefore necessary to sort glasses and analyze them with electronic refractometers to ensure a mission’s success.
If you are interested in volunteering for eyeglass recycling (training is offered), call Sophie Daris at 450-659-7717, extension 6011.