Republic of the Congo
Oral health care
In Congo, our local professionals support pregnant women and children from 0 to 5 years old in the TSF medical-social center located in Bétou, in the Republic of Congo. The village of Bétou, where a stable and secure environment reigns, is home to a large number of refugees from the DRC and CAR, two neighboring countries of Congo-Brazzaville.
Our assistance is related to reproductive, maternal and child health services. This present mandate is necessary to ensure the oral health of the women and children of the medico-social center in Bétou.
Betou, Republic of the Congo
15 days minimum
– Offer free oral diagnosis to the vulnerable population (pregnant women and children) and remedy problems that can be treated in the field.
– Exchange information on oral problems observed during care.
– Transport equipment to Congo as needed.
– Dental Hygienist
– Dental assistant
– Member in good standing of the Order of Dentists of Quebec (ODQ)
– Member in good standing of the Order of Dental Hygienists of Quebec (OHDQ)
We are accepting applications from retired professionals.
5+ years of practice experience
Previous experience an asset
Oral and written English at intermediate level.
– Adherence to the values and convictions of TSF (solidarity, respect, innovation, accountability and commitment)
– Very good ability to live in rudimentary conditions
– Very good ability to work in an intercultural context
– Very good adaptability
– Very good ability to work in a team
– Good sense of organization and planning
– High degree of professionalism
Before departure, TSF organizes pre-departure meetings and training at its offices (in person or virtually) in order to prepare the volunteers, as well as a meeting upon return, for a return assessment. These meetings are mandatory for the smooth running of the mandate.
To apply, please complete the form below, taking care to indicate the title of the mandate and attach your CV.