Participate in our sustainable development program in visual health
Between 2015 and 2020, Terre Sans Frontières will send cooperants to Bolivia, Honduras and Tanzania, with the support of Global Affairs Canada. The purpose of this project called A Volunteer Cooperation Project Between Professionals is to build our partners’ individual and organizational capacity in the fields of dentistry, optometry and homeopathy.
Dates: March 2018 (3-4 weeks)
Location : Mwanga district, Kilimandjaro area
Workplace: Usangi hospital and Mwanga and Kifula health centres
- Theoretical training (eye-sickness detection and treatment) and practical training (use of equipment) in optometry and optical to the local team of professionals
- Follow-up on the lenses and uncut glass inventory
- Improvement of the internal document on the context of visual health in Tanzania
- Follow up on the visual health screening program for the community’s children
- Reinforcing environmental measures in our partners’ hospitals and health centres
Carmen St-Pierre, retired nurse
Optometrist needed (1 or 2 persons)
Usangi hospital, Mwanga district, Kilimandjaro area
For more information on this mission, please contact us.