Join our Community Health Development Program
From 2015 to 2020, Terre Sans Frontières will send cooperatives to Bolivia, Honduras and Tanzania with the support of Global Affairs Canada. This program, entitled Volunteer Cooperation from Professional to Professional, aims to strengthen the individual and organizational capacities of several partners in the areas of dentistry, optometry and homeopathy.
Framework of intervention
Location: Bolivia, Altiplano Region
Work environment : Pucarani and Laja Hospitals and Palcoco and Curva Health Centers in La Paz Department, Bolivia
Dates: February 2019
Partners: COCAWI, Centro de Orientacion y Capacitacion Wiphala
Theoretical and practical training
- Clinical intervention in hygiene
- Using the cavitron
Strengthening the prevention program jointly with local professionals
- Visit schools to reinforce the screening program in place and the commitment of teachers and school administrators.
- Follow-up of training on the promotion of good oral health (daily brushing, use of dental floss, etc.) to the teachers of the schools visited.
1 dental hygienist wanted
- Marie-Ève Sylvestre, dental hygienist
Requirements and skills
Experience in international cooperation
Previous experience an asset
Volunteers will have to make a financial contribution to Terre Sans Frontières in the form of fundraising
- Adherence to the values and beliefs of DSF and TSF
- Very good adaptability
- Very good ability to work in an intercultural context
- Very good ability to work in a team
- Good sense of organization and planning
- High degree of professionalism
Before departure, TSF organizes a pre-departure meeting at its offices to prepare the volunteers, as well as a meeting on return, for a return assessment.
To send your resume or request more information about this mission, please contact us