Tanzania (city of Moshi)
3 weeks in the field
(Mission preparation and planning required before departure)
Number of cooperants sought
Work with Tanzania United Parents Secondary Schools (TUPSS) in Tanzania on developing a chart of accounts for secondary schools and implement it with the goal of standardizing operations.
A preliminary diagnosis of TUPPS schools showed that there were opportunities to improve accounting and management practices, especially as concerns the application of accounting principles, activity-based management, financial analysis, cash management, budget planning and efficient use of the accounting system (Quickbooks).
CPAWB intends to begin a series of missions to assist TUPPS in transitioning from cash accounting to accrual accounting, overhauling and standardizing the chart of accounts, developing and implementing a strategic plan consistent with its educational mission, and improving management practices for all schools in the network.
This third field mission (M4-Tanzania) is a CPAWB activity whose primary aim is to restructure and implement a chart of accounts at certain TUPPS schools to serve as a model for the other schools and take various opportunities to improve specific management practices.
TUPPS is a non-government institution that comprises a network of fourteen secondary schools in various regions of the country. The organization’s objective is to improve cooperation between its schools in order to ensure the highest educational standards in Tanzania. Nearly 9,800 students, of which 59% are girls, attend the schools. In addition to the education provided, these schools hold income-generating activities specifically related to agriculture, livestock rearing, baking and machinery.
Preparing for the mission:
• Become acquainted with the schools concerned by the mission
• Monitor the chart of accounts model based on the transactions of the schools concerned by the mission
• Monitor the continued implementation of the approved chart of accounts
• Participate in preparing training content and material prior to departure
• Participate in a pre-departure meeting
Conducting the mission:
• Implement the chart of accounts
• Provide training and knowledge transfer sessions
• Keep a daily log of the mission
• Follow up with the visited partner
• Draft a final mission report
• Provide photos to document the mission
• Minimum 2 years of practice in an accounting position
• Experience in setting up Quickbooks
• Experience in using Quickbooks for accounting and payroll management
• Experience in management accounting (activity-based accounting)
• Experience in an educational environment an asset
• Advanced knowledge of Quickbooks software
• Knowledge of school organization a plus
• Good communicator, knowledge transfer skills
• Previous experience, a plus
• Compliance with the values and principles of CPAWB and TSF
• Very capable of living in simple conditions
• Very capable of working in an intercultural context
• Highly flexible
• Excellent team player
• Good organizational and planning skills
• Highly professional
Cooperants will be responsible for funding a portion of the mission’s expenses.
• Applicants must be members of CPA Without Borders.
• Send your application with a curriculum vitae and letter of interest to Annie Durand at email@example.com.