Capacity building in oral health
In Bolivia, TSF participated in the improvement of dental clinics in the municipalities of the Altiplano region. To ensure sustainability, TSF works with local municipalities to collect the needs of dental professionals in terms of continuing education.
Pucarani – Viacha, Bolivia. Accommodation in the city of La Paz
3 weeks minimum
– Evaluation of skills in dentistry and oral hygiene of health professionals in the municipalities of Pucarani and Viacha.
– Reinforcement of practical and/or theoretical capacities (themes to be determined according to the profile of the cooperant).
– Awareness of oral health in the community and promotion of clinics.
Transport of material to Bolivia as needed.
– Dental Hygienist
– Dental assistant
– Member in good standing of the Order of Dentists of Quebec (ODQ)*
– Member in good standing of the Order of Dental Hygienists of Quebec (OHDQ).
*We are accepting applications from retired professionals.
5+ years of practice experience
Previous experience an asset
Oral and written English at intermediate level.
– Adherence to the values and convictions of TSF (solidarity, respect, innovation, accountability and commitment)
– Very good ability to live in rudimentary conditions
– Very good ability to work in an intercultural context
– Very good adaptability
– Very good ability to work in a team
– Good sense of organization and planning
– High degree of professionalism
Before departure, TSF organizes pre-departure meetings and training at its offices (in person or virtually) in order to prepare the volunteers, as well as a meeting upon return, for a return assessment. These meetings are mandatory for the smooth running of the mandate.
To apply, please complete the form below, taking care to indicate the title of the mandate and attach your CV.