Republic of the Congo
Capacity building in oral health
In Congo, our local professionals support pregnant women and children from 0 to 5 years old in the TSF medical-social center located in Bétou, in the Republic of Congo. The village of Bétou, where a stable and secure environment reigns, is home to a good number of refugees from the DRC and CAR, two neighboring countries of Congo-Brazzaville.
Our assistance is related to reproductive, maternal and child health services. This mandate is necessary to ensure the technical reinforcement of employees in this type of activity. The community awareness component related to maternal and sexual health themes is also a priority for local professionals.
Brazzaville, Republic of the Congo
15 days minimum
– Support capacity building among maternal and gynecological health professionals.
– Train midwives in SONUC (Complete Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care) and SONUB (Basic Obstetric and Neonatal Care) to improve the management of obstetric emergencies.
– Support and clinical follow-up with midwives and nurses with patients in pre- and post-natal follow-up.
– Physiotherapist in perineal and pelvic rehabilitation
Relevant professional experience related to the mandate
*We accept applications from retired professionals.
5+ years of practice experience
Previous experience an asset
Oral and written English at intermediate level.
– Adherence to the values and convictions of TSF (solidarity, respect, innovation, accountability and commitment)
– Very good ability to live in rudimentary conditions
– Very good ability to work in an intercultural context
– Very good adaptability
– Very good ability to work in a team
– Good sense of organization and planning
– High degree of professionalism
Before departure, TSF organizes pre-departure meetings and training at its offices (in person or virtually) in order to prepare the volunteers, as well as a meeting upon return, for a return assessment. These meetings are mandatory for the smooth running of the mandate.
To apply, please complete the form below, taking care to indicate the title of the mandate and attach your CV.